Winchester will be holding the 2022 Annual Town Election on Saturday, March 19, 2022. At the election, voters will choose the Town Moderator; two members of the Select Board; a Town Assessor; two members of the Board of Health; three members of the Planning Board; two members of the School Committee; two Trustees of the Public Library, and one member of the Housing Authority. In addition, each of the eight precincts will elect members of Town Meeting.
Note that polling places have changed! Now, everyone will be voting at Winchester High School, 80 Skillings Road. The polls will be open from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.
The Town Website has election information, including the following.
- Copies of the ballots
- Official information (and calendar) for the annual town election
- How to register and vote
The League of Women Voters will have four debates on two evenings: On March 2, School Committee and Board of Health; and on March 9, Select Board and Planning Board (links on those titles are to the recordings on WinCAM). The debates will be broadcast on WinCAM (Comcast Ch. 9 or Verizon Ch. 37), and streaming live WinCAM website, where they will be available as recordings. In addition the League will prepare a voter guide with candidate profiles, available by March 5 on their website.
As of February 17, the following candidates are listed (note that some candidates had withdrawn but were erroneously listed here; the current list is taken from the printed ballots). Names are in alphabetical order.
- Moderator: Heather Von Mering
- Select Board (elect 2): Anthea Brady, Vincent Lawrence Dixon, John Fallon, James A Johnson, III
- Assessors Board: Patrick Gill
- Board of Health, 3 yrs (elect 1): Jennifer Infurna, Ruth Trimarchi
- Board of Health, 1 yr (elect 1): Lauren Costello, Gregory Sawicki
- Planning Board, 3 yrs (elect 1): Philip Arthur Frattaroli, Diab Jerius
- Planning Board, 1 yr (elect 2): Kurt Spring, (no candidate for second position)
- School Committee (elect 2): Karen Bolgnese, John F. Dobbins, Christian Nixon
- Library Trustees (elect 2): David Coughlin, Wendy Karle
- Housing Authority: No candidate
Last modified: Mon, 03/21/2022 - 18:17
The list below shows the candidates for Town Meeting in the March 19, 2022 Winchester town election, as derived from the table posted on the Winchester town website. The letter (I) following the name indicates an incumbent Town Meeting member.