Ballet Arts Centre of Winchester was founded in 1990 with the goal of offering the Winchester area a unique, quality program of dance designed to meet the needs of a wide range of students of varying ages and levels. In the years since, the school has become an established and integral part of the community and is recognized as one of the area’s leading schools for quality dance training. In 1999 BAC performed its first "Nutcracker" ballet which continues still as a bi-annual performance, giving students of all ages the opportunity to audition and perform in a professional production.
Teams and athletic support organizations
While we support Swim Winchester’s quest to build a community pool, there are other site alternatives that do not take away from open space. The Friends & Neighbors of Skillings Field group feels that it would be counterproductive and costly to taxpayers to take a much-needed and newly rejuvenated field away from our student and other athletes.
A nonprofit working to get a pool for Winchester.
A Loose Peloton of Cycling Fanatics. Members (adults/all ages) meet for early morning rides that leave from Starbucks, the Vinson-Owen parking lot, or possibly elsewhere. See the website for details, route maps, and links to other resources, including a Google group for members.
The Winchester Basketball Association (WBA) was established to provide opportunities for children in grades 3 through 11 to learn the fundamentals of basketball, while having fun. At the 5th through 8th grade levels, travel teams from the WBA compete in the MetroWest LLC league, which is made up of similar youth basketball organizations throughout Eastern Massachusetts. In grades 3 through 5, WBA players participate in local instructional clinics.
We're a group of women and men of all ages, speeds and goals who like to run. Some of us race. Some don't. Some run a little. Some run a lot. The most important thing is that we all have a good time! Our schedule includes a balance of easy and harder training: social runs, track and hill intervals, tempo runs and long runs. If you are a morning runner -- or have always wanted to be — come Join Us For A Run!
The mission of the WSC is to build and operate a soccer program that:
- Provides an equal opportunity for all players to develop skills to whatever level they are capable and willing.
- Provides a forum for the development of good
- Provides an environment for coaches to develop the skills and techniques needed to teach the game of soccer to those who want to learn.
- Provides an environment for referees to develop the skills and techniques needed to referee the game of soccer to those who want to learn.
- To preserve and promote the level of WHS sports programs;
- To help meet the costs of the athletic programs and expenses;
- To give financial support for the introduction of new sports programs; and
- To make sports programs accessible to all classes and to ensure an opportunity for maximum participation.
The Winchester Sports Foundation has contributed over $750,000 in the pursuit of these goals.
Providing Winchester's Youth with Quality Baseball and Softball Leagues for All Ages.
Our mission is to provide a quality baseball program for the youth of Winchester. The organization strives to provide players with the opportunity to develop their baseball skills within a fun and competitive environment. We emphasize the values of teamwork, sportsmanship, hard work, competition and community to help develop our children into the leaders of tomorrow.